Following the addition of a 1 GB/month recharge option for the FAIR SIM, JCI is adding a 1 GB Flat Rate SIM (1GB定額) as a base plan. It will go on sale online and at retail stores from September 10th for ¥3,480. Recharging is the same as a FAIR on the 1 month flat rate plan, ¥3,100. A micro SIM will also be available.
Here are the key features:
- Data only
- ¥3,450 purchase, ¥3,100 recharge
- 1000 MB/30 days, which ever comes first
- Data consumption calculated per byte
- Private IP address (behind a proxy)
- Residency not required
- Skype, VoIP, you tube, streaming, tethering allowed
- Best effort Docomo FOMA speeds but may not be as fast as the FAIR*
- SIM cannot be charged beyond 10 days from expiration
- SIM cannot be converted to a FAIR (1000/120 days) plan
*According the FAQ (J), there are cases when the FAIR data plan will have better performance because it is completely open and unrestricted.
当社のサービスの中では、b-mobile Fairが最もパフォーマンスが優れた商品です。 b-mobile Fairとb-mobile 1GB定額は、最大通信速度の技術規格値は同様ですが、b-mobile Fairの場合は速度制限する条件が一切ないため、より快適にご利用できるケースがあります。
According to the guidelines regarding MVNOs using Docomo's FOMA network, MVNOs pay a significant fee to Docomo for any live SIM that is in the wild, even if it is currently uncharged and unused. Given the relatively low cost of this SIM, the change in terms from 60 day expiration in the case of the FAIR data plan is understandable.
The following concerns only converting a FAIR SIM to a 1 GB Flat Rate
A FAIR SIM can be converted to a 1GB Flat Rate, and then back to a FAIR data plan. The expiration date after which the SIM can no longer be charged depends on the last data plan. If a FAIR is purchased and the initial charge consumed, you have 60 days to recharge. if on the 59th day, a 1 GB Flat Rate charge is added, you will then have 10 days to recharge once the second charge expires. If the third charge is back to a 120 day FAIR plan, then once that expires, you again have 60 days to recharge.
The newly updated bcharge app contains a disclaimer, that is displayed in English (based on your system language) related to the FAIR SIM. Here is the important excerpt.
- This service uses a Private IP address. Therefore, it does not support Internet services or applications that require a Global IP address.
- The Charge Period after plan expiry is 10 days. After 10 days, it will no longer be possible to charge your SIM