The usual warnings apply: We are not responsible for any broken or bricked devices. Use this guide at your own risk. However this worked for me on my SC-02C so it should work for you too. CyanogenMOD9 isn't considered a stable release yet and the kernel we are using has just hit a "stable" release so some hiccups are to be expected. For kernel specific issues please report them in the XDA thread for the kernel.
Update: if any of the dropbox links are dead please check here for the latest download
Fortunately, wjchen0 has worked with the developer of Siyah Kernel to add support for the SC-02C which is great news. All we need to do as install a ZIP file in recovery and it will add support for GPS. Since Samsung has not released ICS for the SC-02C yet we don't have any kernel source code so that means support for the 1Seg TV tuner is still impossible.
If you get stuck you can always restore your backup or flash the stock firmware on your device with the info here.
I am going to break this guide into two parts start with Part 1 if you are not rooted and running a stock ROM. If you are already rooted and running a non stock ROM go ahead and skip to Step2.
- Download the latest CyanogenMod nightly for the GT-i9100 here
- Download the Google Apps ZIP file for ICS here
- Download wjchen0's GPS fix ZIP file here
- Download the CyanogenMOD9 build.prop ZIP file here (here is the stock one if you need to revert to the stock one)
- Download the latest Siyah Kernel from here (ZIP for CWM Recovery version)
- Download the stock OMKL4 Modem from here
- Read the last 10 pages of the kernel thread before proceding!! While 99.99999% of the time there are no major phone bricking problems it has happened before.
- Check the CyanogenMOD9 Nightly's change log to get an idea of what features may or may not be implemented.
- Take note of your current APN settings under mobile networks -> Access Point Names
Part 1 (for non rooted users)
- Download the 2.6.13 NTT version of Siyah kernel here and extract the TAR file
- Download and install the command line version of Heimdall from here
- Put the phone into download mode - First make sure the phone is not connected to USB. Next turn it off and turn it on while holding volume down and the home button and then connect the USB.
- From the directory that you have extracted the Kernel to run the command heimdall flash --kernel zImage (use sudo if using a Linux system) the phone will then reboot and start up (it may be slow to boot up the first time).
- Turn off the phone
- Boot into recovery by holding "volume up" while powering it on
- From recovery install the CM9-build.prop ZIP file
- Reboot your phone
- Power off your phone
Part 2 (for users who are already have a custom recovery installed or who have followed Step 1)
- Remove your SIM card (in case the APN is not set correctly when you boot up)
- Boot into recovery (power off your phone and then turn it on while holding "volume up")
- Backup your phone from recovery! It is much easier to restore your phone from a backup than it is to re-install the factory firmware.
- Follow the official CyanogenMod guide to install CM9 via recovery (i.e., wipe, then install CM9)
- Install the Google Apps ZIP
- Install the Siyah Kernel ZIP file
- Install when0's GPS fix ZIP file
- Wipe the dalvik cache and reboot your phone.
- After your phone boots connect to wireless and configure your Google account
- Go into the wireless settings and disable data networks (so we can safely set the APN latter) if you have any questions about the various APN's listed there you can read up on them here
- Power off your phone, insert your SIM card, reboot, configure your APN settings, and re-enable data usage.
- Check System Settings -> About Phone and verify under baseband that the version is SC02COMKL4 if not install the "modem.bin" file you download the same way you installed the kernel in Part 1 but use the command "heimdall flash --modem modem.bin" (remember to use sudo if you are on Linux, or make sure that you command window is being run as Administrator if you are using Windows7/Vista)
- There is a pretty nice tool in the Play Market called ExTweaks for configuring some of Siyah kernel's more advanced options,you can download it from here .