|With the EASY Mobile Suica option, none of the options are usable.|
In fact, there's probably no reason to open the mobile suica app ever again.
Fortunately, there is also an option "Easy Mobile Suica" which offers few options but is totally free. You cannot use this to by "green car" tickets, express tickets, or commuter passes. The charge can be used for purchases where Suica cards are accepted and there is an option for adding money via a bank account.
The status and balance on all of your FeliCa apps can be checked through the master Osaifu Keitai app.
As can be seen below, this also has an option to show the apps using the NFC element embedded on the SIM card (That Docomo calls a UIM card). This is good because you get the information you want all in one place, without having to open the (ugly) Suica app.
Registration for EASY Mobile Suica cannot be done on a computer - only via the Suica app. Here's how I did it. Once you've downloaded the app, start it up and follow along with the screenshots below.
※ are OPTIONAL.
- Enter something for a name if FULL WIDTH characters. I used English. For example: ＳＢ for my first name and Ｓfor my last. Below that enter in FULL WIDTH KATAKANA the reading: エッス ビ エッス. (Note that this works in general for any Japanese web form where it asks for Kanji - just switch to Japanese and enter 2-byte Romaji.
- Enter your birthday.
- Chose male or female.
- Japanese postal code.
- Home phone.
- PC mail account (keitai mail will also work).
- Mobile number.
- Mobile mail address.
- Suica password (6 to 8 half width digits).
- Forgotten password question.
- Answer no to all the email questions, 希望しない.